Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Painted Vase with plaid and folkart enamel

 
This month I was chosen to be a member of the Blueprint Social March Street Team for Plaid Enterprises.  As a member, I was sent a box of goodies containing FolkArt Enamels, sponge brushes and a Plaid Crafts Stencil! 
I love the spring colors and knew immediately that I wanted to try and make a simple vase to hold some fresh springy flowers.
I used a simple glass vase and adhered the stencils to the vase.  It was a simple process of dabbing the sponges in the paint and applying them to the stencil.
 

This was such a simple process, only problem was that I didn't take off the stencils while the paint was still wet. This caused the paint to peel off with stencils...so note to self...take off the stencil stickers while the paint is still wet!
 For my 2nd try, after applying the paint all over the stencil, I gently removed the stencils from the glass while the paint was still wet. Worked like a charm. :)
 And here is the finished product. I love how it turned out. This would make such a cute wedding centerpiece or gift!
 
 Here's a closeup.

Like plaid crafts on facebook
Like plaid crafts on pinterest
Follow plaid crafts on twitter
I wrote this post as part of a campaign with Plaid and Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are my own. 
Want updates and spoilers on projects and ideas?  Come like me on facebook , twitter, and Google + to keep up on whats up next!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. This vase is so pretty Marie - and I love the sentiment :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS