Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Celebrating "Pi" Day with pie!


Did you all know that March 14th is Pi day? A holiday celebrating mathematics? My husband and son are all over this, they love math. They may or may not sit around the dinner table during dinner quizzing each other about math facts. :) (While I sit and roll my eyes, lol) I may not love math but if celebrating Pi Day involves eating pie...then I'm all in! Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th around the world and what better way to celebrate then with a pie from Marie Callender's? There are so many selections and types to choose from you're bound to find one (or many) your family will love.
March 14th is also a special day in our house because it is my son's birthday. We had an unofficial birthday celebration last week with cousins, aunts & uncles, and grandparents while we were on Spring Break but we still planned to celebrate with our small little family of 3 tomorrow. Well, guess what my 7 year old chose for his birthday cake. You guessed it, he requested a Marie Callender's chocolate satin pie. I was pretty surprised, the kid is usually all about fancy custom made cakes by mom. I do have to say I will enjoy sitting back and relaxing with pie this birthday. :) 
I was secretly hoping he would choose the coconut cream (my favorite) but I guess since its his birthday we'll let him choose his favorite. :) I can't really blame him, this pie is so delicious and rich with the perfect creamy whipped topping and those yummy chocolate shavings on top.
  I think our favorite part was the chocolate cookie crust. It was the perfect complement to the creamy pie filling.
We know how we will be celebrating Pi Day, and you can join us in celebrating with your family by using this coupon for $1.50 off a Marie Callender's frozen pie at national retailers (coupon expires March 31, 2013). You can also rate and review any Marie Callender's product or just head over and get party ideas, how-to's, and more at the Marie Callender's Blog.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS