Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Simple Gallery Wall




I have had a blank wall behind our couch for over a year now. It's been driving me crazy but I just haven't been able to decide what to do with it. Finally I decided to do a gallery wall. With loads of inspiration from pinterest, I went shopping. 



I hit wood connection while visiting family in Utah and got two 8x10 and 1 16x20 frame. I also got a big monogram letter to add to the wall. I found some cute scrolly 5x7 frames (from HL) that matched the ones I bought at wood connection and I came home and got to painting. I have some square frames that I was going to add in with the letters and scrolly frames. I was so excited! I kept thinking I would paint some yellow since its one of our accent colors but I totally couldn't do it! It just wasn't sitting right with me so I went with classic white. (that should have been my first clue that my big fun trendy gallery wall wasn't going to happen!)



 With a few of my wood frames I had to putty the corner seams so the cracks became seamless.

 I had grand plans, a big monogram letter, blank frames, maybe something fun and eclectic like subway art. I got some seamless paper and cut out outlines of the scrolly frames to work on placement on my wall. 
  However, once I starting working on my layout I hated it all! It just wasn't us. It was cute...but not 'us'.  So I kept rearranging something until I got something I liked that I think compliments our home...and it is totally simple. No fun eclectic hangings, no letters, nothing funky or even really cool:( I hate when I plan something in my head...but it is just too trendy and doesn't fit. So this is what ended up looking the best. I axed the subway art and went to a simple family sign instead. See how I made it here.
 This almost seems anticlimactic especially considering this project has taken me months of deciding to finally hang these frames! I also decided to use command strips so if I get tired of this I can switch it out with no damage or repair needed for the wall. So there ya have it. That's it folks...simple and totally us.



 Want updates on projects and ideas? Come like me on facebook and twitter to keep up on whats up next! I am working on 2013 items and will keep you updated so be sure to stay tuned!

I'm join these fabulous link parties each week: Flamingo ToesI heart naptime, Under the table and dreaming, Not your ordinary Recipes, Not just a housewife, The Project Queen, Creating my way to success, Craft Couture, Funky Polkadot Giraffe,The Kurtz Corner Krafty Kat, Polly want a Crafter, Blue Cricket Design, Southern Lovely, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Women who do it all, Eisy Morgan, Laugh, Love, CraftClean & ScentsibleHouse of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Shabby Nest, The Speckled Dog, Tatortots & Jello, Simply Designing, Chic on a Shoestring, Just a Girl ,Someday Crafts, Reasons to skip the housework,  The Idea Room ,Between U and Me,   Home Saavy
Pocket full of pink,  For the love of cupcakes, Positively SplendidRaising 4 Princesses , One Stop Shoppe,Oopsey Daisy
 Its Overflowing, The D.I.Y. Dreamer ,Serendipity & Spice, Rae Gun Ramblings, ,Crafty blog stalker , CSI Project,
36th Avenue, Real housewives of Riverton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS