Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Master Bedroom {Quilt in Progress}

So I have finally decided that I want to do my master bedroom in butter yellow, light various shades of blue, and a rich apple red. I am not sure why, but I think they will make a beautiful color combo for accents throughout my bedroom.  Here is my bed 'before' pic so you can see the boring-ness I am working with. I plan to keep the whites and the blue polka sheets but will add a quilt throw folded across and a few colorful accent pillows behind the white ruffle pillows.
I wanted to do something vintage looking and I have searched for the past year and haven't had luck finding the look I want with the right coloring. So I decided to take on the quilt making project myself. Yep, its going to take me a year I bet. Yes, I am crazy. I am doing it entirely by hand. I found some beautiful fabrics that I love! I am doing a hexagon quilt using English paper piecing. So if you've wondered what I have been working on...its basically been this. Hours and hours of work!
 
 The crazy stitches you see will be taken out. They are just to hold in the paper.
 
 
 
 
 I have 10 of these hex's made so far.
I have never done anything quite like this...so I don't really have a clue how to "do" it, but I am still pretty excited with the progress I've made. I only have 3 full hex's done. Only like 50 more to go! I'll keep you updated as this project continues!

1 comment:

  1. whoa!!!that's going to be so cool. I love a good old intricate piece quilt. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS