Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentine Hearts

Today I am sharing these cute Valentine Hearts. I love creating simple art, and these  Valentine Hearts were perfect for some Valentine Art!
I found these cute little hearts at hobby lobby last week and had to buy them. Aren't they cute? Little did I know that all the valentine crafts are on sale 50% this week. Wish I would have waited...oh well. Full price for a box of them was $3.99. Not too bad. Here's a teaser and little tutorial...
First off, I found a frame I wanted to use. Remember this frame from November? 

I love it, I want to leave the vinyl on it for now...I know its only vinyl but I really like it and actually have it in my bedroom even though Thanksgiving has long since passed...I like the message:) (I know I am lame!). Anyways, I love the frame and knew I wanted to use it again. Got my supplies: hearts, white cardstock, and handy dandy glue gun.

I cut the cardstock to fit the frame opening. Then I organized the hearts in a trial run layout and made sure they would fit.
Cue glue gun...
Done in like 5 minutes and I love it! Don't you just love these Valentine Hearts?
I think it turned out pretty darn cute. :)

24 comments:

  1. Love this one! SO pretty! I'd love to have it on my mantle! I am highlighting this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great way to re-use the frame too! Thanks for sharing, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love hearts! And the frame is AMAZING! Where did you get it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! Ive been looking for something like this for my family room...Ive seen a lot of framed hearts in Blogland but yours is just perfect..Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the sweet comments! I got the frame at tj maxx this past September. I have seen similar ones at hobby lobby. They are just more shiny and I think made of plastic. They always seem to run a 50% off sale though which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it!! It's so simple & so beautiful :)
    ~Mary
    www.thecraftygals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this craft! It is so fun and classic:) Great job! I posted your idea on my blog for a Valentine Craft Round up! Thanks again for the idea!
    www.swankypear.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cute!!! I may have to add this to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love your blog. Just found it a little while ago. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever idea. I love the finished look with the bright red against the pretty white frame. Wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made this, but yours looks way better! I love the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really loved this! Very creative! Included you in my Valentine Showcase post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very beautiful! I love the clean simplicity of it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment (toenjoysimply.blogspot.com)! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this because I like symmetry. I'm a dork too :) I like the contrast between the ornate frame and the modern shiny and mat hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this. I totally want to copy this, but I don't have a Hobby Lobby or that gorgeous frame. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just went on the Hobby Lobby website and they don't have these hearts. I'm going to use yours as inspiration and see what I can find at Micheals.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank so much everyone! You guys are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is darling. So simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the framed hearts! Simple and sweet!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have to check out my post today. I totally borrowed your idea. http://jandjhome.blogspot.com/2011/02/copycat-valentines.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's amazing post. I like the photo frames. Photo frames is one of the best gift for someone close to you. You can personalized it with the photo of your loved one or an any text message.

    -----------------------------------
    Personalised Photo Gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS