Monday, May 3, 2010

Organize, prioritize, calendarize

Here's to getting organized and getting ready for a busy and great summer!
One thing I am fairly good at is getting organized. I think there are so many things in life that can't be controlled, so the things that I can control or at least be aware of I try to be. Hence this post on getting organized. I plan to do a series on my tips and tricks for getting organized. Will start with our time and priorities first! Between my husbands schooling and his jobs, our callings, my photography hobby, and our lives in general, scheduling is key. First off, I bought this 2010 yearly calendar at target for a couple bucks. I can schedule in my phone...but to be honest I really just do better seeing it on paper, ya know? This calendar allows me to see a monthly overview of what we have going on, and then a detailed 'To Do' List on the side. I list everything from a simple, send in car payment...to wash windows. Then when I complete the task, I move onto another and cross them off. For one, seeing yourself accomplish something literally on paper makes you feel good like you actually get stuff done. Also, sometimes if you don't write it down you'll forget! I sometimes prioritize the list from top to bottom, but lately I have just brainstormed and wrote them down as I have had the jobs come up. It helps to coordinate with each member of your family so you all can be on the same page. I have a few different calendars and places I write my to do lists, but this handy-portable view all keeps it all together and I can take it with me wherever I go so my schedule is always with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS