Saturday, May 15, 2010

Kid's Chair Makeover

So I found this kids chair at the flea market. I thought it would be a great chair for my playroom area, as well as a fun photography prop chair for kiddos. The only problem, was I hated the bright glossy harsh yellow color. It didn't start out this way. I started sanding off the hideous yellow and found many colors underneath!

Now, I forgot to take a "before" I started sanding it down and remembered halfway through...so hopefully even though I had sanded it a bit (I am kind of digging the sanded distressed look though...I might sand my final product eventually) you can see the brightness of the gloss color shining through. It was just so sharp and school-bus-ish. (nice description right?) So I let this chair sit in my basement in a corner for several months, and then finally decided to get some paint and get after it. I bought primer, and then went hunting for the perfect shade.

Yes...as you can tell I wanted to keep the yellow, but just tame it down from school bus to light soft yellow. Some might say a buttercream color...hmmm butter.

Now, you may be like my husband and not tell a difference, but in person...it is there trust me and heck it made me happen even if it was subtle. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make me happy :)! I even tried it out on one of my photo shoots this week, whatdya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS